"Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind, don't matter,
And those who matter, don't mind."

--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, April 21, 2012

"Fatigue"

I'm so tired of feeling like this
It's building up--I just can't fight it
Giving all of my strength to stand
Just to end up on my knees again.

I've become jaded trying to hide this
I'm burning down--I just can't win it
You could tell, if you looked in my eyes
I'm an artificial smile who just wants to cry.

I'm slowly forfeiting every inch of myself
As I lavish through life being someone else
If you're wondering why I suppress each thought
It's because I've never reckoned to tell anyone.

I've never really starved for any attention
I've never really required any admiration
All I wish is for what I've already done
Though sometimes I wish I could open up.

When I discharge myself into my poetry
I'm actually yearning for someone to interpret me
'Cause I'm stalling for that person who will understand
And it's that person who'll pull me to my feet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment