"Be who you are and say what you feel
Because those who mind, don't matter,
And those who matter, don't mind."

--Dr. Seuss

Saturday, May 12, 2012

"Sweet Relief"

Oh, Sweet Relief, I'll look forward to you
Now that my heart is no longer a puppet.
I've ripped out the strings that had been tied to my limbs,
And I've taken the puppet master down.
Now I feel content.

Oh, Sweet Relief, course through my lungs in a deep sigh
Make me feel a deep satisfaction for my doings.
Deep breath in.
Deep breath out.
I feel it.
I'm satisfied with what I did.
I don't deserve to be manipulated.
I don't deserve to be fooled with
Or played around with like a toy.
I'm more than that.

Oh, Sweet Relief, it's all over now
And none of it was my fault.
I did everything right.
I won't let it bother me any longer.
I have a heart, and I know how to use it.
I don't take advantage of others feelings.
I don't toy with others emotions.
I will never take a person for granted.
I'm better than that.

Oh, Sweet Relief, everything feels good
I know it'll probably catch up to me soon
Like when I'm all alone with time to think
But that's natural.
I'm only human.
But it won't get me down
I have the upper hand

Because..

I was never the weak one.

She was.

No comments:

Post a Comment